Tuesday 8 May 2012

23 Things for Professional Development

I'm new to most of the social media technologies - rather than jumping in and learning about them, I've been dragged in by teenage offspring. However, having used Twitter and Facebook reluctantly, I have found them valuable tools, so I'm doing 23 things to add to my knowledge and explore new tools and ways of using them at work. I think I might be a slow learner, so I'm hoping I can keep up week-by-week, but I like the idea of everything being accessible and learning in my own time - no one needs to how many times I have to "refresh" my understanding of any one Thing, and you never know - I might surprise myself! Having recently Chartered, reflective learning is not a new concept - but making my thoughts more public is quite scary - that's assuming anyone will read them! This is my first ever blog and post to the outside world..........best wishes to all embarking on this exciting journey!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Magpie! And welcome to #cpd23--I hope you get lots out of it :)

    From what you've said, I think yours will be a really interesting perspective--especially speaking (writing?) as someone for whom the social media comes a lot more naturally than the reflective thinking! So I'm looking forward to following your progress!

    Hopefully the pace of the programme will suit you but don't worry at all about falling a bit behind (I did the programme last year and finished last week--no joke!) and let us know if there's anything we can do to help! But good luck, and WELCOME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Helen,
      How great to hear from you - really appreciate your support. I'm still getting over the shock that you took the time to read my blog!

      It was brought home to me last night, when I went to collect my son from his first Under 12 cricket match of the season, how much I need to engage with new tech. Both umpires were stood in the middle of the cricket field keeping score on an iPad. Who'd 'a thought eh? How times change.........with the help of 23 Things I will not be left behind!

      Best wishes

      Delete
  2. Hello Magpie,
    I couldn't agree more about the 'eek, really?' feeling of getting your thoughts out there - but it looks like lots of other cpd23 people are feeling the same way! Which I guess is kind-of reassuring? The reflective writing thing's new to me as well, so I think I'll be spending LOADS of time on the delete key!

    Hope it goes well

    ReplyDelete